Woman Made Gallery seeks submissions for their January- February 2022 group exhibition juried by Rosalyn D’Mello. This exhibition will be held at Woman Made Gallery located at 2150 S. Canalport Ave., Chicago in the Pilsen neighborhood.
Submission Deadline: October 2
For the upcoming Jan/Feb 2022 exhibition Word of Mouth, Woman Made Gallery seeks artwork exploring food through an intersectional feminist lens across mediums. It asks artists to subvert socially conditioned, gendered conceptions of a kitchen, an ingredient, a worm, or even a plate.
The juror is particularly, though not exclusively, interested in investigating the following conceptual questions for “Word of Mouth”:
- If we are what we eat what nourishes our collective soul?
- How does your garden grow? How does the squirmy earthworm embody hope?
- How to advance queer table fellowship?
- What makes a particular orifice a mouth?
- How do we salvage leftover joys?
- How do you undo a pomegranate without the application of a knife? Can you cut a pineapple underwater?
- How does the gut relate to emotion? How do you ferment old wine?